If you haven’t heard of beer can chicken – you’re missing out. Every Day Good Thinking has come up with a recipe for busybodies to mimic the delicious taste of this famous recipe with a slow cooker. The ingredients are simple and easy to find in your pantry, but the taste is complex and finger licking good.
You can let this beer can chicken simmer all day long, or you can pop it in the slow cooker for a few hours before work or a summer barbeque. No matter what, this dish is sure to be a hit.
Like Slow Cooker Chicken
EVERYDAY GOOD THINKING
Full ingredients list for this recipe can be found at Everyday Good Thinking
1. Mix your smoked paprika, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, garlic powder and cayenne pepper in a small bowl – then set it aside for later.
2. Place 4 balls of aluminum foil on bottom of slow cooker crock – these are going to prop your chicken up so that it gets nice and crispy. Now, pour the beer into the slow cooker.
3. Rinse your chicken, pat it dry, and rub your seasoning mix all over the skin. Then place it on top of the foil balls in the bottom of the slow cooker.
4. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, or on low for 5-7 hours. Chicken is well done when meat temperature registers 165°F in the breast or 175°F-180°F in the thickest part of the thigh.
5. This chicken is best served with friends, and an ice cold beer. But, we suggest pairing it with some nice grilled veggies to bring more smoky flavor to round out this dish. A potato wrapped in foil and baked on the grill would also be a yummy addition.