I’m sorry. But if you’re eating lunch right now, you will probably want to put it down before you see what is in this video. Because the parasite that is feeding off the flesh inside this poor kitten’s ear is just too disgusting to watch while eating.
Dr. Karri of Vet Ranch was the professional who made the disturbing discovery. Last week when she rescued a litter of feral kittens, she expected them to have a few basic health problems, but she never would have guessed that one poor soul would be suffering with a parasite living inside its ear.
When Dr. Karri picked up the white kitten, she noticed something breathing in its ear. Yes, this parasite was breathing…And it’s all caught on tape in the video below…
The type of parasite thriving off the flesh of the poor lost kitten is known as a Cuterebra. And don’t let this bug fool you, there is nothing “cute” about it.
This parasite comes from the adult botfly. These insects lay eggs inside a living, breathing host. When these eggs hatch, the larvae inside start to eat the flesh and skin and hair of the host in order to survive.
While this is certainly something that needed to be dealt with immediately, this story has a happy ending. The little kitten, which has since been named Maddox, survived and is much healthier now.
But the little kitten might not have made it out alive, if it wasn’t for the hard work and quick thinking of Dr. Karri and her team at Vet Ranch.
Besides this large parasite breathing in his ear, the kitten also had eye issues. But thankfully he is getting the care he needs and that is being taken care of too.
If you think you can stomach it, check out the video below. But some viewers should just skip it and go check out something a little more inspiration like how this dog rescued a toddler.
If you want to see what the larvae looks like that was living inside this poor kitten’s head, skip to the 1:50-mark in the video. You’ll see Dr. Karri pull the large larva right out of its head.
The thing is huge! Can you even imagine?
After removing the freakish parasite from the kitten’s head, the vet flushes the area with fluid in order to clean it up and make sure no infection will form in the open hole left behind.
The video was uploaded last week and has already been watched more than 475,000 times.
Here is what some people had to say about the incident in the comments:
“This gal is terrific! I’d have her care for my cats anytime. Nice to see such a loving and knowledgeable vet. Bravo!”
“Is it weird I’m not sensitive to these kinds of videos? I mean they don’t make me want to puke at all lol.. I’m so happy vet ranch exists tho. Thank you for saving so many lives”
“Aw, poor kitty!! Hope he’s feeling better soon!! I was eating rice at the time watching, no problems I always wanted to be a Vet!!!!!! Worked as vet tech growing up.”
Please SHARE THIS ANIMAL RESCUE VIDEO with your family and friends on Facebook today!